sorry i haven't reported back for a while
so coding's going fairly well. we've gotten a fair amount of testing time for the robot, which is obviously a good thing. we've tweaked the drive code, and, as of tuesday night, we strafe!
the robot does what we want it to do (now.) we drove in confined ideo space and it was fairly easy to control (though i was not the one driving).
i'm really loving the whole two-electronics-boards thing.
hybrid period work has begun. :) is someone donating a tv remote?
we kind of, uh, busted a GTS. emily suggested plugging the gts straight into the distribution block. whoooops. we're hoping it's salvagable.
not sure exactly what build's been doing. there's a spiffy little gripper prototype and jimmy finished his awesome mount thing today.
possibly robot names: benjy, timothy... definitely a boy robot.
bumpers have been painted bright green. do not attempt to spray paint them next year, you will only get a little giggly and dizzy and have ugly bumpers. instead, paint-paint them first. :)
the portland meeting was today, forms and check due friday.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO DRIVER: PRESS THE BUTTONS ON THE JOYSTICK HARD OR THEY WILL NOT WORK.
5 days to go, people! hang in there. we'll pull through. i'm excited.
thank you to all our amazing mentors. today, thanks to the ever-helping jimmy, emily, karlin and tiffany. you're all amazing. we thank you thank you thank you.